Monday, September 27, 2010

Guy King and His Little Big Band



Last Friday I made it over to Andys Jazz for Guy King and His Little Big Band. For being a younger musician, Guy King controls his band like a seasoned veteran. Throughout the night King played a mix of covers and originals to the packed crowd over at Andy's. Seeing that the would be birthday of Ray Charles had just passed King filled the night with Charles classics which had everybody singing and clapping along with him. This was my first time seeing Guy King in Chicago and I will make sure to make it back.


Keeping the Blues project alive I hope to get Guy and the rest of his incredibly amazing band into the studio for some proper portraits. In the mean time here's a few shots from the night. A few side notes, big ups to my boy Rob Blaine for his live acoustic XRT performance tonight, also stay tuned for photos and a review from one of my favorite new folk singers Bonnie "Prince" Billy live from Lincoln Hall on 9/29.


No comments:

Post a Comment